WordPress Bookmark plugin allows users to bookmark their favorite articles or plugins on a website. That way, they can easily access those content whenever they like.
There are quite a few bookmark plugins available in the market. However, you will need help finding the best bookmark plugin.
We have listed the best bookmark plugins with all the features required to get started.
The bookmark plugins need to offer these settings like private/public bookmarks, up-to-date WordPress support, shortcodes, widget compatibility, etc. The plugins are also easy to install and very easy to update as well.
- Why You Should Use WordPress Bookmark Plugin?
- Best WordPress Bookmark Plugin
Why You Should Use WordPress Bookmarks Plugin?
While it’s crucial to drive traffic from new visitors, it’s equally essential for visitors to stay on your site and come back to engage with your content and learn more. More than 70% of visitors to a typical website will never return.
That’s why smart website owners launch email newsletters and other strategies to attract more repeat visitors. If you run a website that allows users to sign up, such as a membership site or an online store, an excellent way to keep your users coming back is to let them see your favorite blog posts.
If users can keep a list of their favorites, they will have a reason to return to your site and renew their membership. You can also show all your visitors the most popular posts on your WordPress site to keep them interested.
Best WordPress Bookmark Plugin for Your Website
1. Eazy Plugin Manager (Recommended for Site Owners)
When you start a WordPress site, there are a lot of tasks to complete, but they could be more helpful, and you wish you could do them with just one click. We want to introduce you to Eazy Plugin Manager – a great plugin manager for WordPress users.
In this blog, we discuss the best bookmark plugins which will bookmark your favorite posts. EPM is slightly different than that; basically, it is built for the admin of a website. Site owners can bookmark their favorite WordPress plugins with Eazy Plugin Manager. Moreover, you can create categories for your bookmarked plugin as well.
Besides bookmarking, EPM has some incredible features for you. your favorite plugins and use them whenever possible.
The plugin starts at $69/year. You can have more premium features by paying $149/year.
- Search from Installed Plugins
- Display Installed Plugin Images
- Download Any Version of the Plugin on Your Local Drive
- Manage Bookmarks by Category
- Once to Install Multiple Plugins
- Keep Important Plugins Safe
- Feel Safe with an Active Guard
- Manage the Plugin Version that You Use
- Lock-Specific Plugins for Good
- Ensure the Blocking of Problematic Plugins.
2. Pinboard Bookmarks
The Pinboard bookmarks WordPress plugin allows you to publish bookmarks to your blog. It helps you import your account bookmarks and tags and publish them to your posts and pages using shortcodes.
This WordPress plugin is completely free.
- This plugin provides drag-and-drop functionality
- It offers one-click installations and can be easily managed from your WordPress dashboard.
- Makes it easy to bookmark your WordPress blog.
3. User Bookmarks
User Bookmarks is a plugin allowing you to bookmark content, categories, posts, discussion board topics, and more of your choosing. It makes bookmark control easy as you create your bookmarks.
It can easily be displayed as a widget to integrate into any website template theme. It also provides settings to select specific messages to be excluded from bookmarking.
$11 is the price of the regular plan of this plugin, with which you get free updates and limited support.
- Ajax powered this plugin, which speeds up execution and provides better performance.
- The bookmark widget’s silent mode lets you include or exclude specific messages through user settings.
- Display a bookmark widget on your site using a shortcode.
- This allows users to create collections of their favorite bookmarks and choose to view bookmarks as private or public.
4. Tasty Marks
Bookmarks made with this WordPress plugin help you save, search and archive whole pages in only a couple of clicks. This plugin’s additionally upholds labels, text search, and autocomplete.
You can also create and manage bookmarks right from your WordPress admin panel.
The regular license of this plugin is priced at around $20. This package includes multi-browser compatibility, single-click installation, and other advanced features.
- This is a handy WordPress plugin that is easy to install and can be easily managed from your WordPress dashboard.
- It provides a full-text search function to find bookmarks quickly.
- Tasty Marks also has a drag-and-drop feature to effortlessly add bookmarks to your Chrome or Firefox toolbar.
- It also saves copies of bookmarked sites and allows you to browse even if sites are down or deleted.
5. Bookmarks Shortcode
This plugin is easy to apply to your WordPress site and supports many changes and customizations.
Bookmark Shortcode is designed for people who want to quickly add bookmarks to their pages, posts, and widgets. This plugin provides three shortcodes that can generate an unordered list of WordPress links.
Bookmarks Shortcode can easily be downloaded from the WordPress.org site. This is a free plugin that can be deployed on any WordPress website.
- You can apply this plugin’s shortcode to posts, pages, media, widgets, etc.
- With this plugin, you get three shortcodes that you can easily apply to your website.
- This is an advanced plugin that is very easy to use and supports the latest versions of WordPress.
CBX is a valuable WordPress bookmarking plugin for people who need help users with making public or confidential bookmarks. A simple to-utilize WordPress plugin that upholds custom post types and gives different shortcodes to apply this plugin to.
This plugin comes with 1-year support and can be applied to unlimited websites.
The plugin starts at $20 for a single site.
- You can attach a YouTube-like bookmark button to your pages, posts, etc.
- This plugin allows you to display widgets such as posts, categories and items as widgets on your website.
- This allows you to create both private and public categories of bookmarks.
- This plugin works on shortcodes and provides several shortcodes to add this plugin
7. LH Add Media From URL
Besides bookmarking, you can use this plugin to extract images from remote URLs and save them as media files in WordPress. This plugin allows you to create bookmarks by simply browsing the site.
Another entirely free WordPress plugin that holds more than 2,000 active installations on the web.
- Automatically download and update your media library with additional files.
- This plugin makes bookmark selection easy as you don’t have to copy/paste URLs. Just select the URL you want to bookmark.
- This plugin supports the latest version of WordPress.
What is the difference between Pockets and Bookmark plugins?
Pocket is essentially a niftier bookmarking tool than what typically comes with your browser of choice. It is a browser extension and works with all browsers across all devices. Pocket lets you view items you’ve ‘bookmarked’ from any other device later.
Is bookmarking good for SEO?
These links or bookmarks are tagged pages on the Internet that can be accessed from any computer with Internet access. So, each bookmark acts as a backlink to help improve your site’s SEO.
Why do you need a bookmark?
A bookmark is a marking tool that tracks a reader’s progress on a website and allows them to quickly return to where they left off in a previous reading session.
Do bookmarks slow down the browser?
Bookmarks alone will not usually drastically affect your browser’s performance, and you can have hundreds, if not thousands, of bookmarks without experiencing any problems. However, duplicate files or glitches related to your bookmarks can slow your browser down.
Are bookmark plugins compatible with all themes?
Most WordPress bookmark plugins should be compatible with the majority of WordPress themes. However, conflicts can occur depending on the specific theme and other installed plugins. Always make sure to test the plugin with your theme before going live.
What is the best free WordPress bookmark plugin?
Eazy Plugin Manager is a superior bookmark plugin for WordPress. This plugin is available in both free and premium versions, offering a range of functionalities tailored to your needs. The free version offers robust features; the premium version is a worthy investment for those seeking more advanced options.
Can users see their bookmarks on different devices?
This depends on the plugin and its settings. Some plugins save bookmarks to the user’s profile, which requires users to be registered and logged in. These bookmarks can typically be accessed from any device. Others might save bookmarks in the user’s browser cookies, which would be device-specific.
Finally, we concluded this blog about the best WordPress bookmark plugins. We hope the plugins described here will be helpful for your website and meet all your needs.
That’s not all. If you have any doubts or questions, feel free to ask in the comments below. We will be happy to solve your problem.