Did you know that nearly half of all webmasters are in a committed relationship with WordPress? That’s right – about 45% of folks have fallen in love with WordPress, and it’s easy to see why. WordPress makes running a website feel like a walk in the park with its friendly face, smooth-sailing navigation, and a treasure chest of plugins.
Now, imagine having a dedicated little helper just for asset management. A plugin that rolls up its sleeves takes the reins and makes managing your site’s assets feel like a breeze.
That’s exactly what we’re diving into in this blog. We’ve handpicked some cream-of-the-crop WordPress asset management plugins to give you a smoother ride on your website management journey. So, buckle up and get ready to meet some game-changing tools!
Why Need Asset Management Plugin?
- In the world of asset management, it’s all about handling specific website resources. But not all tools are created equal; they each have their specialty.
- First, we have plugins that focus on technical aspects, managing other plugins, themes, and various intricate properties of your website.
- Then, there are plugins designed explicitly for media management. They seamlessly organize and handle your media or documents, images, files, or videos.
- So, it’s time to dive in! We will explore these asset management stars by name, helping you decide which is the perfect fit for your website needs.
7 Incredible Asset Management Plugins
1. Eazy Plugin Manager
It is a WordPress plugin administration and works as a plugin in your WordPress site. Mainly Eazy Plugin Manager takes care of your existing and favorite plugins.
It selectively loads plugins in pages, posts, or custom post types to ensure faster speed and SEO score.
- Bookmarks plugins in different categories.
- Store your used plugins data like- installation, updates, deactivation, activation, and more
- Show the plugins thumbnail while scrolling the long plugin list for easy navigation
- Keep your plugin customization safe with the Plugin Vault feature.
- Protect your site by checking malware functionality in plugins.
- Secure the website from problematic plugins by blocking them.
You can also read: How to Modify On Demand Plugin Asset Optimizations
2. WordPress Asset Manager
Loading plugin scripts/styles on every single post and/or site page can slow it down. This is a common mistake that WordPress plugin developers make.
With WordPress Asset Manager, choose what scripts and styles appear on the page. For example, you are using a contact form that doesn’t need to be loaded on other pages. Within a few clicks, you can just enable it to just visible on the contact page.
- It turns source code accessible to other developers.
- Detach the potential conflicts between themes/plugins.
- Lessen the number of loaded HTTP requests.
- Search engine friendly as it faster page and overall website loading.
- Diminish the HTML code of the actual page
FileBird is your go-to buddy for taming a wild media library in WordPress. Imagine sorting your files into folders and subfolders with a few simple drags and drops – that’s what FileBird is all about. It’s like transforming your WordPress back end into a breezy, easy-to-navigate computer desktop!
Want to create, rename, or delete folders? FileBird’s got you covered! Just a simple right-click, and you’re all set as you would on your PC.
Whether you’re a Gutenberg, Elementor, or Beaver Builder fan, FileBird plays nice with all of them, making it an extremely versatile tool for all your page-building needs. And the cherry on top? FileBird speaks your language! With its multilingual support, it’s ready to assist users from around the globe.
So get ready to make your WordPress media management easy as a walk in the park with FileBird!
- Organize your media files easily by dragging and dropping them into folders and subfolders.
- Quickly create, rename, or delete folders just like you do on your computer.
- Works well with Gutenberg, Elementor, Beaver Builder, etc.
- FileBird supports numerous languages to cater to a global audience.
4. Digital Asset Manager
DAM is specifically built for Freelancer developers or who run WordPress agencies. This plugin dramatically assists in organizing the assets like plugin and theme.
Suppose you are in a conversation with your client, and he needs a particular plugin. But right now, you couldn’t remember the name or from which marketplace you bought it. It will take time to find it eventually. In this scenario, Digital Asset Manager can help you with the directory where you can search your previously used plugins.
- You can set the visibility option for both asset and asset type.
- Add license key, Envato token, and asset type.
- Watch out for the assets from the admin panel and download them.
- Different custom fields are available to add relevant data like download URL, credentials, version & record number, and private note.
- Asset type taxonomy is hierarchical.
5. Folders Plugin
Using this indispensable yet free asset manager, you can organize your website’s pages, posts, and files. Your Asset Management will be much easier with it’s drag-and-drop feature and additionally.
Apart from file management, you can customize your WordPress blog to your preferences. The amazing factor of this asset manager is you can use it for the client’s website and own since it facilitates the entire process.
- You can download entire media folders
- Add labels and fonts
- Undo Action is available
- Create folders and subfolders
- Supports all custom post types by default
- You can change the hierarchy of the folders
6. Canto Digital Asset Manager
Canto is a centralized digital asset manager to share, manage, and secure them. You can easily search in the image library and add limit the permissions on albums and folders.
Moreover, you can make a filter to search any media library alphabetically date, or file type.
- Smart Album feature assist you to search media file smoothly.
- Set access permission with a particular user type to manage, upload, remove, manage, view, edit, and remove files.
- Powerful facial recognition feature.
- Integration available with WordPress, Slack, Google Drive, Marketo, and Mailchimp.
- On emails and share links, set expiration dates to protect sensitive files.
7. WP Media Folder
Imagine turning your WordPress dashboard into an easy-to-use desktop interface for managing your media files. That’s precisely what WP Media Folder does! This plugin makes sorting and organizing your files as simple as dragging and dropping them into place. Plus, you’re not limited to just one or two folders – create as many as you need to stay organized.
With WP Media Folder, you can give your folders a personal touch with custom covers. And updating your files? No sweat! WP Media Folder ensures your links stay intact even when you replace media files.
This plugin integrates seamlessly if you’re running an online store with WooCommerce. But the fun doesn’t stop there. WP Media Folder leaps into the cloud with easy integration options for Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, and Amazon S3. So, for a more organized, flexible, and fun way to manage your media, WP Media Folder is the way to go!
- Effortlessly drag your files and drop them into folders and subfolders.
- Customize folders with covers, and replace media without breaking links.
- WP Media Folder is compatible with WooCommerce and other popular plugins.
- It integrates and syncs with Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, and Amazon S3.
FAQ(s) on Asset Management WordPress Plugin
What are vulnerability plugins?
The plugins which have the weakness to pose a security threat to a WordPress site are known as Vulnerable plugins.
Sincere developers patch these issues from scratch. However, as a user, you must constantly update your plugins.
Does WordPress have a DAM?
WordPress has a built-in digital asset manager called Media Library, where you upload documents and images. Till now it hasn’t the share or access limitation option. And, categorization is not also available.
Can WordPress handle millions of users?
A managed WordPress hosting plan can easily manage the traffic of 400,000 visitors into millions of page views per month.
What is the best WordPress asset management plugin?
Looking for the superhero of asset management plugins? Look no further! Eazy Plugin Manager takes the crown as the top player in the game. It’s like having your personal assistant, making managing your digital assets a piece of cake. It’s no wonder everyone is raving about Eazy Plugin Manager – it truly is the best of the best!
Here, we discussed two types of asset managers: one that manages plugins, themes, and codes and another that handles digital assets – image, video, or other files.
Actually, it’s your call what service you need the most. But in our opinion, ensure fast speed and SEO score with the elimination of loading unnecessary plugins & themes in every page.
The digital asset manager plugin will also be needed if you are really juggling with the tremendous amount of media files. Otherwise, the WordPress built-in media library is enough for your needs.