Around 45% of people currently use WordPress. The user-friendly interface, easy navigation, and multiple plugin availability are behind this popularity.
There are different plugins to manage your WordPress site. Like that, you can have a plugin specially built for asset management.
Today in this blog, we have featured some WordPress asset management plugin and ensure less hassle while operating your website.
Why Need Asset Management Plugin?
Regarding asset management, we understand the tool will manage particular website resources. So there are types in this section,
- This type of plugin manages other plugins and themes or other technical properties.
- This type of plugin manages the media or document (image library, files, or videos)
Let’s know them by name so that you can choose anyone.
5 Incredible Asset Management Plugins
1. Eazy Plugin Manager
It is a WordPress plugin administration and works as a plugin in your WordPress site. Mainly Eazy Plugin Manager takes care of your existing and favorite plugins.
It selectively loads plugins in pages, posts, or custom post types to ensure faster speed and SEO score.
- Bookmarks plugins in different categories.
- Store your used plugins data like- installation, updates, deactivation, activation, and more
- Show the plugins thumbnail while scrolling the long plugin list for easy navigation
- Keep your plugin customization safe with the Plugin Vault feature.
- Protect your site by checking malware functionality in plugins.
- Secure the website from problematic plugins by blocking them.
You ccan also read: How to Modify On Demand Plugin Asset Optimizations
2. WP Asset Manager
Loading plugin’s scripts/styles on every single post and/or page of a site can slow it down. This is a common mistake that WordPress plugin developers make.
With WP Asset Manager, choose what scripts and styles appear on the page. For example, you are using a contact form that doesn’t need to be loaded on other pages. Within a few clicks, you can just enable it to just visible on the contact page.
- It turns source code accessible to other developers.
- Detach the potential conflicts between themes/plugins.
- Lessen the number of loaded HTTP requests.
- Search engine friendly as it faster page and overall website loading.
- Diminish the HTML code of the actual page
3. Digital Asset Manager
DAM is specifically built for Freelancer developers or who run WordPress agencies. This plugin dramatically assists in organizing the assets like plugin and theme.
Suppose you are in a conversation with your client, and he needs a particular plugin. But right now, you couldn’t remember the name or from which marketplace you bought it. It will take time to find it eventually. In this scenario, Digital Asset Manager can help you with the directory where you can search your previously used plugins.
- You can set the visibility option for both asset and asset type.
- Add license key, Envato token, and asset type.
- Watch out for the assets from the admin panel and download them.
- Different custom fields are available to add relevant data like download URL, credentials, version & record number, and private note.
- Asset type taxonomy is hierarchical.
4. Folders Plugin
Using this indispensable yet free asset manager, you can organize your website’s pages, posts, and files. Your Asset Management will be much easier with it’s drag-and-drop feature and additionally.
Apart from file management, you can customize your WordPress blog to your preferences. The amazing factor of this asset manager is you can use it for the client’s website and own since it facilitates the entire process.
- You can download entire media folders
- Add labels and fonts
- Undo Action is available
- Create folders and subfolders
- Supports all custom post types by default
- You can change the hierarchy of the folders
5. Canto Digital Asset Manager
Canto is a centralized digital asset manager to share, manage, and secure them. You can easily search in the image library and add limit the permissions on albums and folders.
Moreover, you can make a filter to search any media library alphabetically date, or file type.
- Smart Album feature assist you to search media file smoothly.
- Set access permission with a particular user type to manage, upload, remove, manage, view, edit, and remove files.
- Powerful facial recognition feature.
- Integration available with WordPress, Slack, Google Drive, Marketo, and Mailchimp.
- On emails and share links, set expiration dates to protect sensitive files.
FAQ(s) on Asset Management WordPress Plugin
What are vulnerability plugins?
The plugins which have the weakness to pose a security threat to a WordPress site are known as Vulnerable plugins.
Sincere developers patch these issues from scratch. However, as a user, you must constantly update your plugins.
Does WordPress have a DAM?
WordPress has a built-in digital asset manager called Media Library, where you upload documents and images. Till now it hasn’t the share or access limitation option. And, categorization is not also available.
Can WordPress handle millions of users?
A managed WordPress hosting plan can easily manage the traffic of 400,000 visitors into millions of page views per month.
Here, we discussed two types of asset managers: one that manages plugins, themes, and codes and another that handles digital assets – image, video, or other files.
Actually, it’s your call what service you need the most. But in our opinion, ensure fast speed and SEO score with the elimination of loading unnecessary plugins & themes in every page.
The digital asset manager plugin will also be needed if you are really juggling with the tremendous amount of media files. Otherwise, the WordPress built-in media library is enough for your needs.