Your Google Analytics data could be your valuable asset. Google Analytics results are the best to make data-driven decisions for your WordPress site. This tool is a lifesaver to make your marketing efforts count and be monitored. Several effective WordPress plugins for Google Analytics will aid you in better business decision-making.
In this article, we have featured a personalized comparison among the best WordPress plugin for google analytics. Let’s pick up one.
- What is Google Analytics?
- Reasons Why You Should Have Google Analytics Plugin
- Best WordPress Plugin for Google Analytics
What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a free web analytics service that allows website owners and marketers to track and analyze various aspects of their website traffic and user behavior. As a site owner, you will get insights into the number of visitors to your website, where visitors are coming from, how they navigate the website, how long they stay on each page, and other vital metrics.
The fantastic factor is it has a wide range of features and tools to help marketers optimize their website performance, improve user experience, and increase conversions. Moreover, real-time reporting, customizable dashboards, and the creation of custom reports and segments make this tool unbeatable.
In addition to website traffic and user behavior data, Google Analytics offers e-commerce tracking, social media tracking, and advanced analytics features like- cross-device tracking and data import/export. It is widely used by businesses of all sizes and across industries to gain insights into their online presence and make data-driven decisions to improve their digital marketing strategies.
Since this tool generates a vast amount of data, it may seem overwhelming for a beginner. To operate this tool, you need prior knowledge.
9 Reasons Why You Should Have Google Analytics Plugin
There are several reasons for using a Google Analytics plugin, but the following are the most significant.
1. Insight on visitor’s performance
You will know the source of your visitors, what they are looking for in your site, and how many visitors are hitting your website. You will get an overall idea of your potential clients’ metrics. It is essential to know how your visitors are responding to your website.
2. Marketing strategy insights
Using the Google Analytics plugin will give you an excellent social overview of how your marketing campaign is working. For example, you can get an idea of visitors’ views on your newly launched marketing campaigns on social networking sites.
3. Keywords ranking
From analyzing your competitor’s websites, you will gain an understanding of how your keywords are working. In this way, you will also know your target keywords. Google Analytics generates holistic reports to make your keywords more powerful.
4. Help you in budget
If you include an AdWords marketing campaign on your website, the pay-per-click to see if your marketing strategy works. In this way, you will know how to make an adequate budget.
5. Easy set-up
Another perk of using the Google Analytics plugin is its easy-to-use features will make you comfortable while using this tool. The simpler, the better. You can set up this tool without any charge.
6. To know your target audience
Google Analytics will segment your audience in terms of visibility. In that case, you will know your specific audience more clearly. So you don’t have to look for customization once you know that.
7. Source of real traffic
Another benefit of having a Google Analytics plugin is its organized theme. You will know where your referral traffic is coming from. Focusing on the traffic source would be way easier.
8. Overall comparison chart
The Google Analytics plugin will give you a generalized overview of your marketing strategies. For example, share any campaign on social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter. The overview report will show how many reactions you’ve received from those campaigns and compare how other sites are stacking against your site.
9. Free of cost
If you are trying to save money, Google Analytics plugins are here to serve you. No matter what kind of site you are holding on to; most plugins offer a free version to serve you with essential features.
Also Read: Remove Your Website from Google Blacklist
Best WordPress Plugin for Google Analytics
As a beginner, you might get baffled to pick the suitable WordPress Plugin for Google Analytics. After a substantial analysis, we have shortlisted the following plugins in terms of their effectiveness and customer satisfaction. If you are looking for the best Google Analytics plugin, you must get the following list covered.
If you are looking for a simple tool, MonsterInsights is the best one you might get. You don’t need any prior coding experience or any assistance from web developers. Just install and set it up.
This tool will let you access the report from your WordPress dashboard. You don’t have to leave WordPress to check on SEO metrics.
The best thing about this tool is its organic customization. You will get a comparative audience analysis, and you can utilize the advanced tracking option.
- It doesn’t require any coding experience to install this plugin
- It’s easy to set up in your website
- Features excellent tools for SEO keywords research
- Offers more features than other tools
- Provides customized views to personalize your WordPress dashboard.
- This tool automatically tracks your affiliated links.
- It may slow down your website a bit.
With a number of 1 billion active subscriptions, ExactMetrics is one of the well-known Google Analytics plugins. You can easily track your visitors and get ready-made reports on your dashboard.
The tracking feature doesn’t require any professional setting. This tool will let you apply custom tracking for authors, searches, and custom post types.
On top of that, this tool will give a particular report for each page. This tool makes tracking easy for events like emails and affiliated links.
- Offers a free version with essential services
- In-depth on-page reports with well-described stats.
- Features bounce rates on your dashboard
- Provides full-time tracking tools to track any changes
- Easy to set up on your device
- Provides Google Analytics reports on your dashboard with actionable insights.
- The premium version is too expensive.
Analytify is the best tool to grab if you are looking for simplicity. The users can easily integrate this tool without any assistance. Analytify always shows the statistics from Google Analytics in a sorted way. Unlike regular plugins, this tool brings a lot to the table.
The result shows several valuable data such as Visitors, Page views, New vs Returning Visitors, Top Pages, Geographic data, and much more in a single view.
When it’s come to the reliability, Analytify always stands out. The real-time data stats of Google Analytics will help you to focus on every minor detail. On top of that, you will have the privilege of utilizing advanced features.
- The simple interface of this tool helps beginners to understand the essential operation.
- Doesn’t require any coding experience to operate any feature of this tool.
- Offers a free version with the required services.
- It is one of the significant Google Analytics Technology Partner operators
- Represents real-time stats to focus on nifty features.
- The premium version is quite expensive to use.
AnalyticsCat is a simple and fast plugin that integrates Google Analytics within 2 minutes. The flex of using AnalyticsCat is it doesn’t weigh on your website.
This tool hides the Google Analytics tracking code to avoid data pollution. This tool features a Universal Analytics code that will help you add the Google Analytics code to your website.
On top of that, AnalyticsCat works with universal analytics. This plugin is entirely translatable.
- Simple and easy to use
- Lightweight for any WordPress site, so visitors can browse your site without delay.
- This tool is safe to use because it hides tracking code
- Doesn’t require any coding experience to operate this tool.
- AnalyticsCat prevents data pollution, which ensures the safety
- Requires frequent log-in to your WordPress site.
Conversios is an all-in-one tool that integrates with numerous social media platforms like Google Analytics 4, Google Ads, Facebook Pixel & Conversions API, Snapchat, Pinterest, and Tiktok via Google Tag Manager.
You can automate your feed to Google Merchant Center to run successful shopping campaigns. This tool adds a sense of ownership by letting users employ their own Google Tag Manager.
You can track all vital eCommerce events through one click of Google Analytics eCommerce tracking.
- This tool includes rich features which help you to handle your site with ease
- Automated event tracking will track your instant movement.
- Works with several social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, etc.
- Comparatively faster than regular plugins, which also helps you to fasten your campaigns.
- It makes conversion tracking easy for the beginners
- It features an insightful Google Analytics dashboard on your WordPress site
- Lacks transparency in product installation
6. WP Statistics
Nothing can beat the security level of WP Statistics for data safety and reliance. Since it is GDPR compliant, you can stay at peace with your user’s data.
The user can know where the visitors are coming from, their preferences, what browsers and search engines they use, and which of your contents, categories, tags, and users get more visits.
Unlike regular plugins, WP Statistics provides insightful graphs based on categories. Regardless of your visitor’s preference, WP Statistics can easily track the visitors’ responses from the top 10 browsers.
The privilege is that all this data is recorded. WP Statistics shows the data based on Categories, Tags, and Writers.
- It is a freemium plugin with a suitable basic package at no cost
- Ensures data security because WP Statistics is a GDPR-compliant tool
- Record the tracking code of the 10 most popular browsers.
- Reveals the source of visitors and geographic location
- Represents a clarity-based graph with precise details
- This tool features a data export option to extract your data in TSV, XML, and CSV formats.
- It doesn’t show the review of each page
7. GA Google Analytics
If you are looking for something lightweight and efficient simultaneously, GA Google Analytics is the right tool. You can easily use this tool to track website analytics, behavior flow, conversion, and goal tracking and build custom marketing funnels.
Moreover, it has three sets of tracking add-ons. This powerful tool will give you the right to set an extra layer of security on the integration with Google Ads and YouTube.
This blazing-fast tool gets regularly updated and features the latest tracking codes. You can add your custom markup.
The advantage of using this tool is you can easily pull data from the tool and prepare a customized dashboard.
- A reliable and trustworthy tool that provides data security for your visitors.
- Affordable pricing with three different types of packages
- Provides a set of protection to secure your user’s data.
- Seamless integration with Google Analytics
- Features option to limit the tracking of admin-level users.
- Easy to deploy and doesn’t need any assistance.
- Quite a confusing navigation method
8. Goal Tracker
Goal Tracker is popularly known as a no-code solution for event tracking for your WordPress website. This tool will help you track several options, including call-to-action buttons, forms, ad visibility, and more, with Google Analytics GA4.
With this tool’s help, you can also control the visibility option. You can easily integrate with popular plugins such as WP Forms.
Since this is a no-code tool, you can quickly check the viewer’s response by checking a few settings, like downloads, links, or buttons. Through this tool, you can easily set goals to track events.
Moreover, with this tool, you can add data to your dashboard and check on your user’s logged-in status.
- Ease of use
- Features a simple interface to make the application easier for beginners.
- Aids in tracking visibility with insightful data statistics.
- It provides editable plugin permission
- Offers a free version with basic features.
- Ability to add dynamic data to your dashboard.
- It offers initial superfast speed.
- Complicated interface to understand the user’s reaction.
Jetpack is a multi-purpose tool that displays a simple interface with overall stats. So you don’t have to look for page-wise stats now and then. This tool features an extra layer of security and backups your website in real time.
The premium version will get a Pro license if you are considering a comprehensive application. To avoid any sort of spamming, the Akismet toolkit will remove any spam comments.
The design tool allows you to easily customize elements like themes, posts, galleries, etc. Overall, this is an all-in-one toolkit for your website maintenance.
- The multi-functional tool helps in design, data security, and tracking.
- Feature-rich plugin
- It provides the highest performance in no time.
- Features lazy load images for a super fast experience while browsing
- Flexible customization with design kit.
- This tool gets monthly updated to provide seamless integration with WooCommerce platforms.
- May cause frequent errors
Matomo has become one of the top-notch tools for their strict privacy. This plugin is the best choice if you run a website on confidentiality.
It secures your data so well that no one else can see it. Matomo features a simple and generalized dashboard with stats on traffic sources, keywords, geo-locations, and other analytics, just like Google Analytics.
Another privilege of using the Matomo tool is it doesn’t limit you from downloading Google Analytics data. You can track your user’s data with Matomo following the privacy laws. On top of that, the premium features are comparatively cheaper.
- Comparatively cheaper than regular plugins
- Ensures security and follows the international privacy laws
- Provides actionable features for advanced analytics with a complete picture of your clients.
- Doesn’t require too much configuration
- Easy to install
- Simple interface to navigate
- Lacks a simple linking option
How Do I Add Google Analytics to WordPress with Plugins?
You can add Google Analytics to your WordPress site with plugins by the following steps:
Step 1: Navigate to your WordPress dashboard
Step 2: Now, click on plugins and select the add a new option
Step 3: Look for the desired plugin and click on install and activate the plugin.
Step 4: Finally, go to the settings page and connect it with the Google Analytics account.
Which WordPress Plugin is Best for GA4?
In that case, MonsterInsights is the best tool you’ve got. It can easily integrate your WordPress site with Google Analytics. You can see all the crucial details on your dashboard.
Can You Add Google Analytics to a Free WordPress Site?
Yes, you can. MonsterInsights is the most popular plugin to install Google Analytics on your website. The free version works fine unless you need advanced website tracking.
Do I Need a Plugin for Google Analytics?
No, you don’t need a plugin for using Google Analytics. You can manually sign in to your google account.
Does WordPress support Google Analytics 4?
To support Google Analytics 4, you must install a tracking code on your WordPress site. After that, you will be able to receive all the data that comes with Google Analytics 4.
Google Analytics best monitors your website’s performance in search results. In this article, we have featured the most popular WordPress plugin for Google Analytics. This article will help you to pick the best plugin for your WordPress site.