As online businesses continue to grow, it becomes increasingly important to understand the role of search engine optimization (SEO) in driving traffic to websites. A crucial aspect of successful SEO is keyword research. Basically, it involves finding the most relevant and effective keywords to target in your content to improve your website’s search engine ranking.
Keyword research tools can help you identify these high-performing keywords and improve your SEO strategy. In this blog, we will explore the best SEO tools for keyword research, their features, and how they can help you achieve your SEO goals.
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced marketer, this blog will provide valuable insights into the world of advanced SEO. So, let’s get started!
- Factors You Should Check Before Purchasing Keyword Research Tool
- Best SEO Tool for Keyword Research
5 Prior Factors to Choose Keyword Researching Tool
Some factors must be taken into account before you select your keyword research tool. After thorough research, we have shortlisted the following criteria.
a) Easy to use
The first factor in choosing a keyword research tool is its simplicity. It should be easy to understand so that a beginner can easily get along with the keyword research app.
b) Provides all data
The next thing you need to know is if the data your app provides is competent enough to rank your writing. You should check if the tool provides SERP data analysis and overall keyword analysis results.
c) Trustworthy data source
You should check if your desired tool gathers data from authentic sources. You should make sure that the keyword research app gathers basic data from google search analytics or not.
d) Free allowance plan
You don’t have to be an expert to operate your keyword research tool. Your tool should have the capability to guide you toward the recommended keywords to optimize your site or content. Numerous prominent keyword research tools provide a complete analysis of your website to generate suitable keywords.
e) Regular updates
Some tools offer a free trial for a given period. Try to check out those tools because in this way you will get a clear idea of how the workflow develops.
Best SEO Tool for Keyword Research
On the basis of performance and customer satisfaction, we have shortlisted top 5 SEO tools for keyword research. Let’s dive deeper to pick the one you need.
If you are into powerful SEO tools, SEMrush would always come first on that list. With A range of features, it has a lot to offer.
SEMrush has received immense responses for its exceptional search tactics. The special fact about this tool is it’s a powerful tool for advanced SEO keyword research. You can use the reverse tracking mode to search advanced backlinks. Above all, it has been an Editor’s Choice Award as well.
- Innovative backlink tracking
- Award-winning SEO tool
- Provides accurate information
- Advanced keyword suggestions
- Project-based campaign structure
- Poor keyword management site
It is one of the best keyword research tools which offers unique features.
With an advanced keyword search filter, Moz is one of the best research tools which can rank your site. You can search any keyword in terms of its recent traffic, click-through rate score, and all. By selecting any keyword, you will know if it’s worth chasing. To avoid ineffective keywords, you can search by spamming score
- Appropriate search result.
- Several filter option
- Accurate analysis of data
- Offers backlinks
- Easy to use
- Expensive than other tools.
AnswerThePublic is a designed content keyword research solution that enables the user to find the gaps between their known and unknown keywords.
This tool is strategic in its way to show the result. Like SEMrush, AnswerThePublic shows the gap between your desired keywords. Moreover, it also shows extra results like others who also searched for this. The analytics also reveal SERP analysis.
- Shows comparison data
- Powerful analysis
- Provides structured content analysis
- Allows the user to see google’s autocomplete results.
- Received massive positive reviews
- Lacks search volume option
Ubersuggest is a free tool that has effective features to give you proper content analysis.
This affordable tool allows individual page optimization and keyword ranking. This tool dives deeper into keyword research and provides more than thousands of keyword suggestions. Also, you will know the keyword ranking as well. In addition, it provides suggestions for better optimization as well.
- Deeper analysis of keyword
- Provides competitor analysis
- Offers 30-day free subscription
- Features probable difficulty level
- Shows keyword ranking
- Free of cost
- Takes more load times
5. Google Keyword Planner
Google Keyword Planner is one of the best tools to estimate suitable keywords for your site.
With a top-notch search engine marketing analysis, Google Keyword Planner brings the best in the market. It provides a structured view of keyword rankings and ratings, with traffic analysis and the optimal scope of each keyword you choose. It will keep you updated about new trends and keyword planning. For experienced marketers, Google Keyword Planner is an excellent tool. With this advanced search, you can easily fine-tune your content development strategy.
- Focuses on deep keyword search
- Shows the level of competition for chosen keywords
- Helps to increase organic traffic
- Aids in searching new keywords
- Available as a web application and API
- The competition level is not reliable
6. Long Tail Pro
To find out the best ranking keyword, Long Tail Pro is a breakthrough app. It is featured with a bunch of essentials to help you in ranking on top.
Long Tail Pro goes through each keyword thoroughly and reveals the unique keyword that suits your site. Also, it focuses on each keyword, for example, how much traffic it may bring, competition level, ranking, etc. The site audit will help you to make effective changes to your website. In this way, this tool will enhance your site’s speed.
- Complete package for SEO tools and marketing.
- Provides unique search results
- The site audits help in bringing organic traffic
- Reveals search competition volume
- Comparatively easy to use
- Takes too much money for a trial period
If you are looking for a comprehensive SEO tool, Ahrefs should be at the top. With its powerful features and accurate data, Ahrefs is a standout tool in the field. Its backlink analysis capabilities are noteworthy, and its competitor analysis tools are top-notch. Overall, Ahrefs is an essential instrument for advanced SEO research and optimization.
- Comprehensive backlink analysis
- Accurate data
- Competitor analysis tools
- Track your ranking progress
- Provide most trusted matrics
- It can be overwhelming for beginners
8. Screaming Frog
Screaming Frog is a website crawling tool that helps to identify and fix technical SEO issues. The comprehensive website analysis features make it a must-have tool for website optimization. It also provides data on broken links, duplicates content, and redirects, making it an invaluable tool for website auditing.
- Provides data on broken links, duplicate content, and redirects
- Comprehensive website analysis
- Connect to the Google Analytics, Search Console and PageSpeed Insights APIs
- Helpful for website auditing
- Limited functionality for non-technical users
Majestic is a link intelligence tool that provides detailed information about backlinks and anchor texts. Its powerful features make it an essential tool for link-building and competitor analysis. The user-friendly interface also makes it easy to use and understand.
- Detailed information about backlinks and anchor texts
- Essential tool for link building and competitor analysis
- User-friendly interface
- Find the best websites with their site explorer tool
- The monthly report can be more standard.
10. Yoast SEO
Yoast SEO is a popular WordPress plugin that provides on-page SEO suggestions and analysis. The user-friendly interface and helpful features make it an essential tool for WordPress users. Its features include content analysis, meta-tag optimization, and XML sitemap creation.
- Automatically adds structured data to help Google understand your site
- You can integrate with powerful platforms
- the readability analysis
- Provides content analysis, meta tag optimization, and XML sitemap creation
- The SEO parameters can be more human-centric
11. SE Ranking
SE Ranking is a cloud-based SEO software that provides keyword tracking, competitor analysis, and website audit tools. Its advanced features make it an ideal tool for SEO research and optimization. Its user-friendly interface also makes it easy to use and understand.
- Advanced features for keyword tracking
- The competitor analysis and website audit tools are unbeatable
- User-friendly interface
- Ideal for cutting-edge SEO research and optimization
- Lake of essential features than it’s competitors
Serpstat is a tool that offers a suite of SEO features, including keyword research, site audit, and competitor analysis. Its comprehensive features and accurate data make it a standout tool in the field. Its user-friendly interface is quite popular.
- Pump up your SEO within a dashboard
- Functional clustering and text-analyzing features
- Marketing intelligence tool is outstanding
- Most convenient SEO tool
- Limited daily query
SpyFu is a competitive intelligence tool that allows you to see your competitors’ SEO strategies and keywords. Its powerful features make it an essential tool for competitor analysis and optimization.
- Competitive intelligence features
- Essential tool for competitor analysis and optimization
- Provide in-depth SEO reports
- Unlimited backlink results
- Limited functionality for non-technical users
1. Which is the Best Tool for Keyword Research for SEO?
Although there are numerous SEO tools in the market, to date SEMrush has served the best purpose. With a flexible range of features, it offers a deep analysis of keywords. Also, it shows the SERP analysis with clickthrough rate.
2. Is Google Keyword Research Tool Free?
Yes, this free tool helps you to find the targeted keywords with an estimate of the searches.
3. Can We Use Semrush for Free?
Semrush has three types of subscriptions. You can use it for free with limited functionality.
4. How Do I Find SEO Keywords for My Website?
The best way to find SEO keywords is to look for the keywords your competitors are using. Another way to search keywords is to use the Chrome extension. It has the required features to find suitable keywords for you.
5. Which Tool is Used for Amazon Keyword Research?
There are several tools that may help you in finding the most suitable keywords for your Amazon products. But we recommend StellarApp because it provides the most accurate keywords that go with your niche.
6. How Many Keywords Should I Use for SEO?
It is recommended to follow your niche and use two to three keywords focusing on your genre. So the more specific the better. Using more than three primary keywords may feel too much to handle.
Finding out the ideal keyword which can lead you to desired traffic is not easy. But we believe our recommended tools will help you to find the suitable keyword you have been chasing so far. So keep looking for the keyword to rank on top. Best of luck!