Gaining new readers and keeping the present ones engaged is the most prioritized goal for any blog system.
If you own a blog site, you know how hard it is to increase readership and grow your site’s organic traffic. Truly a challenging task to accomplish! However, there are plenty of ways to increase blogger traffic significantly and approach new audiences.
This article shares 10 proven strategies to increase your blogger traffic and keep your readers engaged.
- Understand Your Targeted Audience
- Work with Difficult but Effective Keywords
- Be Persistent about Your Content
- Create Quality Content
- Focus on Internal Links and Backlinks
- The title can Help You Get the Best Ranking
- Optimize Your Website for Mobile Devices
- You can do Social Commenting
- Republish and Re-edit Your Content
- You can Upload Video Content
1. Understand Your Targeted Audience
Understanding a selected audience base is like finding a needle in a haystack. So, your strategies will have to be similar to a powerful magnet. In attracting customers, a specific group of audiences will engage for a particular topic.
You will have to provide knowledge of that topic and constantly improve on that topic. Moreover, knowing your audience will be a perfect strategy for what content and keywords you can select for your blog.
Right now, it’s hard to spot a target audience, but understanding and working based on that are manageable. You don’t even need any help from keywords or analytical tools to recognize your audience.
2. Work with Difficult but Effective Keywords
Keyword research is one of the key ingredients to getting the perfect blog recipe. In your cooking process, you will see many keywords are long-tailed and challenging for content creation.
Still, for the sake of the recipe, you will need to work with these keywords to create the perfect content. Long-tailed keywords can be difficult, but these keywords have a pattern like most long-tailed keywords are question-based or have a big name.
The good news is you don’t have to use your main keyword too many times to make your content SEO-optimised. Putting keywords in the title, introduction, and conclusion (practically 3-4 times) is enough for a perfect keyword SEO score.
3. Be Persistent about Your Content
Google not only sees a content’s SEO but also notices the site’s authenticity to rank an article. The site’s authenticity plays a vital role in increasing your organic traffic significantly. You will need to write at least 2 to 4 blogs weekly to get the best results.
Moreover, see if your blogging is persistent and if you are continuing this process for 50 to 60 days. This inbound marketing strategy can significantly increase blogger traffic, but you must continue working.
4. Create Quality Content
Content will be the heart and soul of all your operations, so creating their best versions will be essential. If you are a professional blogger, writing beautifully crafted content and appealing to the general audience is easy.
But, if you are new to this writing stuff, writing an article of quality content will not be a piece of cake for you. 3 things can make a regular article more appealing to the targeted audience,
- Headline: A beautiful headline can efficiently create an urge to click on a random article from a list.
- Clear writing: After your audience visits your site, they want to read a clear essay and explanation.
- To-the-point information: A vital part of content quality is to-the-point information. On average, your reader will read an article for only the info and move on to read another. If you provide perfect data, chances are they will not leave your page and continue reading.
Google always searches for the best content and rewards them for ranking them in the top 10. According to statistics by GrowthBadger, professional bloggers say that content quality is the most paramount factor for success.
5. Focus on Internal Links and Backlinks
The linking strategy is considered a ranking factor more than a quality factor. Andrey Lipattsev, Google’s partner development manager, says that internal linking is 1 of the 3 most influential factors for ranking.
Internal linking can also improve your page’s structure for other blogs and make it more definitive for Google’s algorithm.
There are 3 types of linking,
- Internal Linking: Internal linking is when you build links between your blogs. You can mention an article that is similar to your current written content.
- External Linking: This link will lead the reader to another site or resource outside your website. You can use external links for product reviews, guest, and affiliate articles.
- Backlinking: Backlinks lead a reader to your page or article. You don’t have any authority over this type of linking. You can ask for backlinks by professionally emailing a similar party.
Also Read: Why SEO Optimized URL is a Necessity Now?
6. Title Can Help You Get the Best Ranking
As we said earlier, titles can easily give you an upper hand by being a focusing point for attention. An engaging headline influences a visitor to click on your page and gives an impression about your site.
If this first impression is promising, chances are the reader will come for your posts again, becoming a permanent reader of your blogs. You can follow 5 simple tips to craft professional and influential headlines,
- Adding numbers in a headline makes it more reliable.
- You can add personal experience or expert experience, like “taken from a professional”, or “reviewed by a professional”.
- Add the main keyword to your headline.
- Transform the subject into a question.
- Skip any complex words, abbreviations, and unnecessary statements.
7. Optimise Your Website for Mobile Devices
Smartphones and other mobile devices can help you get massive blogging traffic in no time. According to statistics by Exploding Topics, 60% of all website traffic comes from mobile devices. It’s just that almost every one of your targeted audience uses a phone and uses it for scrolling through different media and news.
If your website is not mobile-optimized, then you are missing a massive audience base that would have become your regular readers. Moreover, mobile optimization can improve your site’s performance, speed, time on site, and engagement.
8. You can do Social Commenting
Blog sites often contain commenting sections to help people share their thoughts or express their feelings about the blog. It’s a great way to know what information your content lacks or was it useful for the readers.
A comment section can also be an excellent way to introduce your website to the general audience. You can write social comments on other website’s blog posts and ask questions or tell your opinions about the article.
There is a website linking option that you can use to give a link to your website. Another thing to consider is many websites don’t have a comment section because they don’t want too much competition.
Also, many comment sections will not have a linking option, so ignore them.
9. Republish and Re-edit Your Content
Not all your content will rank, which is common because millions of content are getting published every day, which doesn’t make the first page. That doesn’t mean you will delete your content and re-write another one.
It’s quite challenging to create an article that will be perfect for the google ranking algorithm because you have to maintain SEO, edits, headlines, to-the-point information, linking, organization, and details.
But you don’t have to think that much about so many ranking factors. If some of your blogs don’t do well in the SERP (Search Engine Result Page), then the best you can do is wait. In a week, edit these articles again and re-upload them for any changes.
10. You can Upload Video Content
Video content has proven to get more engagement than written content, also more ways to link your blogs with social media like Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, etc. Through video content, you can elaborate more information about your website.
Another advantage of videos is you can add them to your written articles. Add a youtube video to explain a topic or just for internal linking. Whatever the case is, videos are great ways to keep your existing audience engaged and attract a new audience base.
FAQs Similar to How to Increase Blogger Traffic
What's the 80/20 rule in blogging?
According to the 80/20 rule, a person’s 80% result will come from 20% efforts and actions. This rule goes for blogs, too, because you will see only 20% of all your blog posts make up 80% of all your traffic.
What is the average good blogging traffic score?
An average good blogging score goal can be 6%, with a minimum of a couple thousand views or more.
How much money can a beginner-level blogger make?
On average, a beginner-level blogger can make up to $100,000 annually and $500 to $2,000 monthly.
Which blog niches are most profitable?
Here are the most profitable 6 most profitable niches in 2023,
- Fitness and health-related blogs.
- Personal finance.
- Digital commerce.
- Food blogs.
- Parental blogging.
What are the most demanding blogs in 2023?
Some of the most demanding blogs you will see in 2023 are,
- Travel-related blogs.
- Lifestyle blogs.
- Diy and crafts.
- Movie blogs.
- News blogs.
The Bottom Line
After the pandemic, getting blogger traffic in 2023 is not that hard because, as usual, your audience will spend a lot of time on their smartphones or laptops. If you can execute the basic SEO for blogging, surely you will get an acceptable blogger traffic score.
We hope our methods will help you reach your desired goal and improve your blogger traffic. If you have any queries, let us know in the comments. You can follow our newsletter for future content.