If you have worked with massive data on a website, then using tables to organize that data is the right approach. That’s where WordPress table plugins come in handy!
A table plugin has different functions that help you build practical tables to arrange or rearrange data. You can place data with numbers, multiply, search specific data, or modify cells.
Especially for eCommerce websites, adding tables to sort out data can be a great way to showcase products. Let’s see what table plugins are and how to select the right one according to your website style.
What is a WordPress Table Plugin?
WordPress table plugin is a dedicated software add-on that integrates seamlessly with your WordPress website, allowing you to efficiently create and manage data tables.
This tool lets you organize your data neatly into rows and columns, enhancing readability and comprehension for your users. Beyond this primary function, some table plugins offer advanced features such as sorting, filtering, and responsive mobile viewing design.
Table plugins are top-rated plugin options. Take the TablePress plugin as an example. It will be downloaded 800,000+ times by the end of 2023, making it one of the most popular table plugins ever.
WordPress table plugins are perfect tools that help you arrange and present your data in a visually appealing and user-friendly manner. Remember, an efficiently managed and neatly presented table can significantly elevate the overall user experience of your website.
10 Best WordPress Table Plugins
TablePress is a powerful, easy-to-use plugin that allows you to create and manage stunning tables seamlessly. With TablePress, you can easily embed tables into posts, pages, or text widgets with a simple Shortcode. This feature-rich plugin makes table creation a breeze, revolutionizing how you present data on your website. Let’s explore the one of the best WordPress plugins for Table.
Easy table management
TablePress has a straightforward interface that allows you to create, import, and manage tables from your WordPress dashboard. You can input data directly into your table or import it from various formats like Excel, CSV, HTML, and JSON.
Advanced data formatting
This plugin lets you apply different formatting styles to your data. You can use HTML tags or CSS commands in table cells for customization. Also, TablePress supports using mathematical formulas in table cells, adding an extra level of functionality.
TablePress employs Shortcodes for inserting tables into posts, pages, or text widgets. This feature is handy as it negates the need for coding skills; copy and paste the shortcode wherever you want the table to appear.
- Intuitive design enables even non-technical users to create and manage tables effortlessly.
- Accepts data from numerous formats, making it a highly flexible solution for various data types.
- With various styling options, you can customize tables to perfectly match your site’s aesthetic.
- TablePress tables are responsive, adjusting well to different screen sizes and devices.
- With a vast community of users, finding solutions to problems or getting new ideas becomes easy.
- Various extensions for TablePress add even more functionality, such as row filtering and table export options.
- TablePress doesn’t offer dynamic data options out of the box, meaning the data in the tables can’t be updated automatically.
TablePress is a free plugin available on the WordPress repository. However, the plugin developers accept donations to support its ongoing development.
2. WP Table Builder
The following plugin in our list is WP Table Builder, a simple, user-friendly WordPress plugin designed to create responsive tables.
WP Table Builder employs a simple drag-and-drop mechanism that takes table creation to a new level. You can select from text, images, lists, buttons, star ratings, and custom HTML. Each element can be easily customized to fit your requirements.
WP Table Builder provides a unique responsiveness control feature. You can decide how your tables should behave on different devices. The plugin lets you hide specific cells/columns on mobile devices to ensure your tables never lose their appeal, irrespective of the device they’re viewed on.
With WP Table Builder, you have comprehensive control over individual cells. You can merge cells, set padding, and even add tooltips to make your tables more informative and interactive. This feature helps in presenting complex data in an easily digestible way.
- Interface is exceptionally user-friendly, with an intuitive drag-and-drop builder.
- Offers an impressive range of table elements to choose from.
- The responsiveness control feature ensures your tables look great on any device.
- Extensive cell management options for a more customized experience.
- Provides a high degree of customization options for every table element.
- Supports shortcodes from other plugins, further expanding its functionality.
- It does not support automatic data import from Excel or CSV files, making data entry manual.
The premium version costs $49 for a single-site license and includes additional features and support.
3. Ninja Tables
Developed WP Manage Ninja, the Ninja Tables is a premier WordPress table plugin that easily delivers high-performance table designs.
Vibrant table styles
Ninja Tables comes equipped with multiple predefined table styles, including Striped Rows, Condensed Tables, and Hover Rows, that enhance the visual appeal of your data presentation. It allows you to make your tables vibrant and appealing with minimal effort.
Import and export functionality
Ninja Tables provides excellent import and export options. You can import data from CSV or JSON files and export your tables as CSV, JSON, or PDF files. This functionality makes data management more streamlined.
Conditional column formatting
With Ninja Tables, you can apply conditional column formatting. This feature allows you to change cell values based on certain conditions. It adds a dynamic aspect to your tables, making them more informative and interactive.
- The plugin offers a wide variety of attractive table styles.
- Its import and export functionality is highly robust, supporting multiple file formats.
- Conditional column formatting adds an extra layer of data analysis to your tables.
- Ninja Tables provides excellent mobile responsiveness, ensuring optimal viewing on all devices.
- The plugin integrates seamlessly with Google Sheets and WooCommerce.
- It offers advanced customizability with its extensive styling options and CSS library.
- Some of the advanced functionalities are only available in the Pro version.
The premium version starts at $59 for a single-site license and provides advanced features, priority support, and 1-year priority updates.
wpDataTables is a sophisticated, premium WordPress plugin built for creating dynamic and responsive tables and charts.
Diverse data source support
wpDataTables excels in managing various data sources. Whether it’s MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL, or external sources like Excel, CSV, or Google Sheets, wpDataTables can effortlessly create tables from these sources. The plugin even updates your tables automatically whenever the data source is updated.
Front-end table editing
This plugin facilitates front-end table editing, letting you or your users edit data directly from the front end without needing to access the backend. This capability is beneficial for collaborative projects or user-generated content.
wpDataTables integrates seamlessly with the Google Charts and Highcharts libraries, enabling you to create visually appealing charts from your table data. This feature adds a visual component to your data representation, enhancing readability and user engagement.
- Supports a wide range of data sources, offering flexibility in data management.
- Provides front-end editing, promoting easy collaboration and data modification.
- Chart creation feature adds a visual aspect to data representation.
- wpDataTables tables are fully responsive, ensuring excellent display across various devices.
- The plugin has a multi-language interface, making it an excellent choice for international websites.
- Supports complex calculations like SUM, AVG, MIN, and MAX in table columns.
- Given its extensive features, wpDataTables may have a different learning curve for beginners.
Unfortunately, wpData Tables doesn’t have a free version, but they do have a basic version with $69 yearly for 1 domain.
5. League Table
Regarding versatility, League Table excels in creating sortable and customizable tables for various data types.
League Table offers a spreadsheet-like interface that facilitates data entry. Without complex commands or procedures, you can easily insert, remove, move, or copy rows and columns.
Users can simultaneously sort data on multiple columns with the multi-column sorting feature. This feature is handy when dealing with large data sets and enhances the user experience on your website.
This plugin stands out with its wide range of customization options. You can modify over 105 options per table, 17 per cell, and 13 general options, enabling you to tailor your tables to your specifications.
- Spreadsheet-like interface makes data entry and management a breeze.
- The multi-column sorting feature enhances data navigation and interpretation.
- League Table provides an exceptional level of customization options.
- Highly responsive, ensuring optimal viewing on all devices.
- Supports the use of mathematical formulas in cells, adding an analytical edge to your tables.
- With its import and export feature, data migration becomes easy and efficient.
- The wide range of customization options might seem overwhelming to beginners.
You can get League Table with all its features and a 1-year membership for only $39.
6. Fixed TOC
Initially developed by WPhigh, Fixed TOC is a feature-packed and intuitive WordPress plugin specifically designed to create a dynamic table of contents.
Auto scanning & generation
Fixed TOC automatically scans headings through the post content, generating a table of contents (TOC) that helps users navigate your content efficiently. It saves you from the manual work of creating a TOC.
As a user scrolls down your post, the corresponding section in the TOC gets highlighted. This feature keeps readers oriented no matter where they are on the page.
Fixed TOC provides numerous customization options to match your website’s aesthetics. From font size and color to the TOC’s positioning and appearance, you have complete control over how your TOC looks and behaves.
- Auto-scanning feature saves time and ensures a comprehensive TOC.
- The scrolling highlight feature enhances the user experience by providing real-time navigation assistance.
- The customization options allow you to align the TOC with your website’s design.
- Fixed TOC is fully responsive, making your TOC user-friendly on all devices.
- Supports multiple languages, catering to a global audience.
- Offers shortcodes, making placing the TOC in any part of your website possible.
- It’s primarily a niche plugin limited to creating a table of contents.
A regular license of Fixed TOC costs $20 yearly.
Visualizer is a robust WordPress plugin, designed to create and manage interactive charts and tables within your site.
The wide array of chart types
Visualizer supports a broad selection of chart types: Line, Area, Bar, Column, Pie, Geo, Table, and Scatter. This feature provides flexibility in data visualization based on your specific needs.
With its live editor, you can see the changes to your charts in real time. This WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) approach helps you craft charts that fit perfectly into your content.
Import & export data
Visualizer simplifies data management by allowing you to import data from CSV, Excel, Google Sheets, and more. It also enables you to export your charts as images or as CSV, Excel, or Google Sheets files.
- It supports various chart types, providing versatility in data representation.
- The live editor feature ensures you get your charts’ desired look and feel.
- Import and export functionality makes data management efficient and straightforward.
- Visualizer allows data synchronization with your Google Sheets, keeping your charts up-to-date.
- The plugin offers a high level of customization options for charts and tables.
- The charts and tables created with Visualizer are fully responsive, providing optimal user experience across different screen sizes.
- It lacks direct support for certain databases like MySQL, SQL, or PostgreSQL for real-time data integration.
- Though generally reliable, customer support may sometimes respond slowly to technical queries or issues.
Themeisle’s Visualizer starts with a personal plan that costs $99 per year and has a $399 agency plan for unlimited site support.
8. Posts Table Pro
After its initial launch in 2022, Post Table Plugin gained significant fame for adding interactive images in tables and posts or custom post types.
Automatic table creation
Posts Table Pro automatically creates tables from your WordPress posts, custom posts, pages, or custom fields. You need to add a shortcode, and the plugin does the rest, saving you time and effort.
This plugin offers comprehensive customization options, allowing you to decide what data should be displayed in your tables. You have complete control, from post titles, excerpts, and categories to images, custom fields, and more.
Search, sort, and filter
Posts Table Pro enhances the user experience with search, sort, and filter features. Users can quickly find the content they’re looking for and sort or filter results based on various parameters, such as date, title, or category.
- Automatic table creation simplifies and streamlines the table generation process.
- Customization capabilities ensure your tables align perfectly with your content needs.
- Search, sort, and filter functionalities improve user experience by facilitating quick and easy navigation.
- Posts Table Pro is fully responsive, ensuring optimal viewing experience on all devices.
- Supports multimedia content, allowing you to include images, audio, or video in your tables.
- Integration with WooCommerce lets you display products in a searchable and sortable table format.
- As a premium plugin, Posts Table Pro doesn’t offer a free version, limiting its accessibility to budget-conscious users.
- This plugin lacks built-in styling features, meaning you might need to write custom CSS code to customize.
Post Table Pro has 2 bundle offers, where you get 1 plugin for $69, and the second offer gives you 2 plugins for $119.
9. Elementor Page Builder
What shall we call it, the king of plugins or page builders? Elementor is the best plugin for any website development functionality. This plugin even has great widgets to build customizable data tables.
Elementor’s core feature, the drag-and-drop editor, simplifies the task of designing your website, including creating and placing data tables, with no coding required.
Elementor provides a table widget in its pro version, allowing you to construct and design tables easily. You can add or remove rows and columns, input data, and customize the appearance of your table in an intuitive, user-friendly interface.
The responsive design features of Elementor extend to data tables as well. You can ensure your tables are easily viewable and functional on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices.
- The drag-and-drop editor simplifies building websites and data tables, even for those without coding skills.
- The table widget feature provides a straightforward, flexible method of constructing and customizing tables.
- The responsive design ensures your data tables adapt seamlessly to any screen size.
- Advanced customization options give you complete control over your table’s design.
- Integrates smoothly with most WordPress themes and plugins, offering greater flexibility in how you use your tables.
- B built-in maintenance mode allows you to change your tables without disrupting your website visitor experience.
- Elementor can have a bit of complex table widget functionalities compared to other single data table creation plugins.
Elementor’s premium version, which includes advanced features such as the table widget, comes at an annual cost of $59.
10. Data Tables by Supsystic
Supsystic prioritize simplicity for the data table plugin. Still, the Data Table has some great features to manage perfect tables on your site.
Easy table creation and management
This plugin simplifies the creation and management of tables. You can add, remove, and rearrange columns, input data, and easily make changes.
Advanced filtering and sorting
With Data Tables by Supsystic, users can quickly find the necessary information. The plugin supports sorting, searching, and pagination functionality for better data accessibility.
Ensuring an optimal viewing experience across different devices, Data Tables by Supsystic automatically adjusts your tables to fit the screen size of the device being used.
- Easy table creation and management features save you time and effort.
- Advanced filtering and sorting functionalities improve user experience and navigation.
- Responsive design features ensure your tables look great on all devices.
- Supports the integration of charts and diagrams, adding visual appeal and better data comprehension.
- Data Tables by Supsystic allows for importing data from various formats, including Excel, CSV, and Google Sheets, making data migration easier.
- Supports many table designs and styles, allowing you to match your site’s aesthetics.
- While the plugin does offer a range of table designs, it might not cater to all aesthetic preferences or specific design requirements.
Data Table by Supsystic has a free version with limited features, but you can get all the premium features with personal for $49 annually.
Why Should Use a Data Table for Your Website?
Well, why shouldn’t you? Data tables can give my audience so much information in a blink of an eye. Plus, data tables give a legitimate overview of your site, building audience trust.
a. Structured presentation of information
Data tables allow you to present complex information in an organized, easily digestible format. This makes it easier for your visitors to comprehend and analyze data. For instance, if you run a real estate website, you could use data tables to list properties and details such as price, location, size, etc.
b. Increased user engagement
Data tables often feature interactive elements like sorting, searching, and filtering, allowing users to quickly engage with the data and find the necessary information. In a tech blog, you can use data tables to compare various smartphones, enabling visitors to sort and filter based on their desired specifications.
c. Enhanced readability
Adequately designed data tables enhance readability, making it easier for users to scan information and understand patterns or trends. An e-commerce store, for example, could use data tables to display different products and their features side-by-side for easy comparison.
In the era of mobile browsing, responsiveness is crucial. Many data-table plugins automatically adjust to different screen sizes, ensuring your tables look great and function well on any device.
e. Visual appeal
Data tables can be styled and customized to fit your website’s aesthetic, adding to your site’s visual appeal and professionalism.
Building data tables manually can be time-consuming, especially when dealing with much data. Data table plugins automate this process, saving you time and effort.
So, using data tables on your website can improve your information’s presentation, boost user engagement, improve readability, and save time.
6 Crucial Points to Consider Before Selecting a Table Plugin
Data presentation is vital for effectively communicating with your audience in the digital landscape. Among various web elements, tables are a classic part that simplifies data display, making your content and website more reliable.
Selecting the perfect table plugin for your website can be hard, so here are some things you can consider before purchasing a table plugin.
i) Ease of use
The table plugin you choose should feel like a natural extension of your hands – effortless and intuitive. Trust me, you want to avoid wrestling with a plugin that’s as puzzling as a Rubik’s cube.
Look for features like a drag-and-drop interface, responsive design, and pre-built templates. For instance, the ‘TablePress’ user-friendly interface is a hot favorite among WordPress users.
ii) Functionality and features
Your plugin should be more than just a pretty face, it needs to have the muscle too. It should offer sorting, filtering, and pagination options. Features like allowing media within tables, calculation capabilities, or interactive charts can make your data sing!
In 2022, ‘wpDataTables’ led the way with these features, making it a strong contender in your plugin selection.
No two websites are alike, and your plugin should respect that uniqueness. It should allow you to customize table colors, borders, fonts, and sizes to blend seamlessly with your website’s design. A plugin like ‘Data Tables Generator by Supsystic’ can help your tables fit in snugly with your brand aesthetics.
This is the ‘plays well with others’ category. Ensure your plugin can play nicely with your existing themes, plugins, and especially your CMS. For instance, if you’re using WordPress, your table plugin should ideally be built specifically for it, like ‘Ninja Tables’ or ‘League Table.’
Here’s a fun fact: in 2021, nearly 55.56% of all internet traffic came from mobile devices. So, if your tables are not responsive, you’re practically rolling out a ‘Not Welcome’ mat for more than half your audience! Your tables should look good and function perfectly, irrespective of the device they’re viewed on.
vi) Support and updates
Let’s face it, even seasoned web admins hit a snag occasionally. When that happens, it’s reassuring to know that there’s a support team ready to throw you a lifeline. Regular updates are crucial to keep up with evolving web standards and potential security threats.
Final Verdict on Best WordPress Plugins for Table
A WordPress table plugin can significantly enhance your website’s functionality, user experience, and overall professional look. It offers a structured way to present and manage data, helping you and your users navigate complex information more easily. Features like search, sort, and filter, as well as search, ensure that your users have a seamless experience, regardless of their device.
However, it’s important to remember that not all table plugins are created equal. Your specific needs, your level of expertise, and the nature of your website will all play a role in determining which plugin fits you.
Some plugins may offer more customization options, while others may excel in handling large amounts of data. Selecting the right tool is the key! And you are set to create unique tables for your website; feel free to leave your thoughts and opinions in the comments.
Have a wonderful day!